Monday 26 September 2016

Visual effects unit - Inspiration


To begin my second year on my level 3 animation, games and visual effects course, I shall be developing my skills in visual effects by experimenting with new techniques. The techniques I am keen to experiment with are image manipulation and compositing.

I plan to experiment in 2 main areas in order to better understand these new techniques. For my first experiment I would like to use compisiting techniques but in an animation setting. I shall be creating animated assets, that i will composite together with footage to create a scene. This idea and concept was inspired by Cartoon networks's show 'The amazing world of gum-ball'. This show uses a combination of elements from 2d and 3d animation with footage to create a unique and popular style.


For my second experiment I shall be compositing footage with pictures to create a believable and realistic scene fit for a movie. I would like to experiment with lighting and colour effects to understand the effect it has on the clip as a whole. I am also keen to experiment with special effects in order to improve the quality of the clip. The inspiration for this concept was various movies and creations by Studio Blur and Atomic fiction.



So i hope you look forward to seeing how my experiments turn out! I will be keeping you posted! Are you a fan of visual effects? Feel free to share any tips or tricks that i can use to improve my skills! :)

2 comments:

  1. Amazing world of gumball is created by Cartoon Network not pictoplasma, pictoplasma is a festival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, well thats embarrassing! I jumped to conclusions because they kept posting gum-ball pictures on their Instagram

      Delete