Friday 10 March 2017

Tribe city - Goons

Continuing with my development of my game ''tribe city'', I have devised and finalized my basic concept for controllable units. Each unit shall be refereed to as ''Goons''.

Each tribe within tribe city features a platoon of ''Goons'' ruled by a ''Chief'' Goons are the basic foot solider of the strategy brawler, and have the most basic statistics throughout the game. Chiefs only come out when the all the ''Goons'' are currently out of action.

All Goons:

The style i wanted to bring to Tribe city was a slightly goofy but visually appealing expression that is common for most App style game play. I Hand draw each character as separate limbs and body parts. This was so that i could create a mock up character creation screen within Adobe Photoshop. By toggling the layers on and off I could adjust and create characters to my liking, reminiscent to a character creation screen.

Example ''Goons'' Closeup:

''Goons are the foot soldiers of every tribe'' 

From the very beginning of tribe city's development I wanted to create a style that was reminiscent of ancient civilizations culture in a modern contemporary fashion. 
The versions of my characters I currently have designed is based upon ancient Mayan culture. Tribe 'Leopard' is the name I have given to my example tribe. The name was devised because of the importance and strength that the Mayan culture placed upon the image leopards had. 

Tribe Chief:

''You want something done, you have to do it yourself!''

When the strength of a tribe becomes brittle, The chief is the one that fights to unite us!
As a mechanic in the game play, I had taken consideration into a fail safe if all goons become out of action. If such an event should occur, A chief appears with enhanced statisitcs to give the loosing team a chance to fight back. The chief remains on the field until either:
  • He is defeated
  • The full team is revived
  • 2 full turns pass
''A chief is given his mask as a trophy of strength, He never takes it off''

I hope you are all having a great march so far! I shall continue to keep you all upto date with my Animation and Illustrations! Keep posted for more content! :)

Do yo like my character design? What other tribes should I design? Comment below! 
Have a question? Want to get in contact? Email me at: Sickjujuu@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment