Friday 11 November 2016

Yorkshire gaming festival - History of Animation

Bradford's National Media Museum contains an exhibition showcasing the history of animation throughout time. The contents of this exhibition contain various different sets created from stop motion animation props. Wall mounts of celluloids taken from productions such as tom and jerry, Danger mouse and the BFG movie. An interactive Phenakistoscope (Which was amazing to use first hand!) and production material such as storyboards and sketches.

As an aspiring animator and illustrator I found this exhibition to be very compelling, having insight into the professional development of productions from all generations has filled me with knowledge and inspiration that I shall take with me throughout my future productions.


My favourite part about the exhibition was seeing a side by side comparison between the original frame sketch and the celluloid sheet from a Tom and Jerry production. As an aspiring animator I am extremely keen to create some Cel sheets of my own for experimentation and production, but having the opportunity to see this comparison has boosted my enthusiasm for future concepts!

Want to see more pictures from my visit to the Animation exhibition? Read on:





     

      

      

This exhibition was incredible and I highly recommend going if your interested in animation, the history and the production! 

What do you think about animation? Do you have a favourite movie or series?

Have a question? Want to chat? Email me at: SickJujuu@gmail.com ' 








No comments:

Post a Comment