Saturday 8 April 2017

Quick Update! - Plans from April to September 2017

Hello everyone! I just wanted to fill you all in on a quick update.

July 2017 will be the end of my time studying 'Level 3 Animation, Game and VFX' at Newcastle college. After 2 years of studying I have learnt many skills in various software's as well as workflow techniques. I have come so far in my aspirations to become an industry standard animator and illustrator and I'm excited for what the future holds for me. 

From now until the end of July I will be creating a portfolio and presentation in order to pitch myself to various courses at university's I am currently applying for. I will be sharing my development for my presentation here on my blog so that you can all appreciate the creative development. 

Presentation plans 
The challenge that each university has given me for my presentations development is as follows: 

  • Your presentation is only allowed to be 5 slides long (An introduction slide is counted as part of the five)
  • Try and make each slide as creative as possible (This doesn't affect our decision but it sure helps!) 
  • The slides must discus the following 4 topics: Inspiration and research methods, Current work in development and fully realized, What I want from HE and Career aspirations.
The real challenge that had been placed before me was to create a unique and creative presentation for the purposes of displaying my interests and ideals. Not only does the presentation have to be practical but by standing out as unique appears a cut above the rest securing my place within any potential foundation or degree. 

After much reflection and pondering I have decided that I would create each slide for my presentation on paper by handing drawing each detail. Each slide would appear to be a perspective of a house, with the contents of the slide been displayed as picture frames, leaflets or objects positioned within the rooms. As the slides go forward each room would journey through the house until I have covered each topic ending in the study. 

I believe by taking the time to explore this Idea fully I can generate a unique, organic and interesting presentation. 

Final show
Although I am preparing myself to move onto the next step in my aspiration's journey, my time at Newcastle college is not over yet. Coming up is the grand finale to everything I have been studying for, the final show. This show shall shall consist of an exhibition showcasing my and classes work to the public in an open evening show. 

For this show each student is required and challenged to create their own project of their own choosing to showcase at the event. I am planning to create an illustration and an animation to showcase my skills and add to my portfolio. This illustration shall most likely consist of a background that shall be used within the animation.

Thank you!
To everyone that has taken to time to follow my work you have my thanks. Sick juju has allowed me to explore my studies creatively and I cannot wait to share more with you.

Have you enjoyed your year so far? What was your favorite part? Comment below!  
Have a question? Want to get in contact? Email me at: Sickjujuu@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment