Saturday 15 April 2017

University presentation pitch - Slide Two

As previously mentioned in my blogs feed, I am currently in the process of developing a presentation that will serve to pitch myself in order to request a place at potential universities in the north east. The quality of this presentation as well as my presentation skills is a deciding factor as to whether or not I could get a place. Therefore, it goes without saying the importance that is placed upon creating a unique presentation for the purposes of this pitch.

The presentation that I am creating is required to follow set parameters. These parametres give you five slides only to use when creating a presentaiton, but give you only four topics to cover these slides. Therefore a single slide has been gifted as a free oppitunity to do what I want with in. In regards to this slide I have chosen to divde: Inspiration and research methods into seperate slides. I have done this because I believe these two topics are not similer and would benefit from been discussed seperatly.


The content of slide two shall consist of my inspirations within animation and illustration. I have broken this up into 4 artists that I have an interest in, making sure to showcase at least one piece of their work that inspires me. When the presentation happens, I shall use these pictures as a reference when I express my interest in the artist.
I have depicted the setting of this slide to be set on a dining table. I did this because some of my most inspiring conversations happen whilst I am enjoying lunch or spending time at the table. I wanted to incorporate this setting into my slide design to add an organic personal touch to the work. I made sure to pay special attention in making the room feel 'real'. I did this by generating a cluttered expression with the frames varying styles and positioning.

My main vision for this slide was to create an interesting design that varies in style but maintain their consistency. It is important as an aspiring animator and illustrator to master visual measuring and consistency within the style. This is a trait I wanted to express through my work. Overall, I am personally satisfied with my second slide.

Do you like my slide design? What's your favourite part? Comment below!

Have a question? Want to get in contact? Email me at: Sickjujuu@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment