Wednesday 5 April 2017

Tribe city - Presentation Pitch

In the industry around us it is increasingly important for companys to mock up potential ideas for the purposes of pitches and presentations.The most common way games make it into development and into the market place is through a sales pitch to a company publisher. 

Publishers are often the only way to fund a games project when going into the market which places a great importance on first impressions in the sale pitch. As an aspiring animator and illustrator it is important for myself that i develop a good understanding into presentation and social skills in order to meet the requirements of future opportunity.

The following presentation was created to pitch my designed game tribe city. It was important that I take great consideration into learning a rough speech in order to explain my games design concept fully.


 
 
 

When I entered the room i Immediately went and shook both individuals hands that I would be pitching too and introduced myself. This was important because it is a great social foundation for the pitch breaking the ice and giving a relaxed environment. Although I was nervous before the event, by putting myself out there and introducing myself I ensured my confidence was leading me and not my fear.  

Upon setting up my presentation I made sure to maintain attention towards the people I was pitching too and not read from the slides. I ensured that I read my audience taking the time to iterate on a points where confusion came across there faces. Initially there was much confusion but once my design illustrations came upon the screen there was satisfaction and expression over what they liked about the designs.

Feed back 
Unit 68 is designed to develop my understanding and skills when developing an idea for a pitch. By having the opportunity to present my work in front of games design lecturers, I was able to receive feed back to reflect upon. 

Both individuals agreed that i had social approached the topic well, they felt I had talked to them and not at them. This was engaging for them and they did not feel disconnected at any point. They both were in agreement that there was too much words at the beginning, they suggested that I space out my pictures and explanations together giving the audience assistance in understanding my idea. 

Each individual enjoyed and liked the styles I was approaching suggesting that it was appealing and engaging. There was concern however that my environment and characters lacked consistency and suggested that I made effort and took the time to adjust this to make better continuity in the game. 

Overall I am satisfied with this opportunity and I feel I have developed skills and feedback that will assist me in future projects as well as opportunity in the industry. This development has assisted me in my constant progress in becoming and industry standard animator and illustrator. 

Would you buy this game? Do you like the mock up? Comment below!  
Have a question? Want to get in contact? Email me at: Sickjujuu@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment